Saturday, July 11, 2009

Last day of Croatia- En route to Greece

07.10.09
Mmmm. Breakfast Croatian style this morning at a small restaraunt along the marina was a filling muesli, yogurt, and fruit mix with a fruit and veggie smoothie. It was delicious. My friends and I took our time enjoying the morning sunshine coming through the leaves of the tree above us and the cheery atmosphere of the outdoor room. The tables around us were filled with Croatians enjoying the company of their friends: two women enjoying pancakes (crepes), a table of older men laughing deeply their own jokes, and a family spending some quality time together.
We spent the rest of our day on the beach sleeping in the sunshine and swimming in the warm water. Swimming out from the shore, I could see the ocean floor clearly all the way out to the 200 meteres that I swam. Dubrovnik was really nice because we could walk every where and it had a small town atmosphere. It was like being home in Orofino with everyone saying hello on the streets and honking and waving as they drove by their friends. None of us wanted to get back on the ship to leave this friendly Balkan state this evening.
07.11.09
Today I'm catching up on all my readings for classes and tonight we have a meeting for our sea (hall) to get ready for the Sea Olympics tomorrow. We're going to learn our Sea Song and sign up for any left over events. I'm going to be doing Pictionary! I'm really excited :) Megan's doing it with me and I tried to show her the Berkheiser/Crecelius method of drawing, hopefully she'll be able to tell what I'm drawing partially at least.
It's definitely easier to work out on the ship since we're in the calmer Mediterranean, so I don't almost fall off the machines every time I go up there. But I'm also getting tons of walking in, my friends and I don't like to waste money of public transportation if we can walk places, and when we're late for things the stroll turns into a power walk. It's nice to see things walking around that we would have missed otherwise. We get class off tomorrow for the Olympics so I'm going to have a work day around my events!

No comments:

Post a Comment