Friday, June 19, 2009

From somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic

06/19I've found friends to go to Marrakech, Cairo, and Roma with me! And since Cadiz is only in a few days my friends and I have been planning what we're going to do each day...it's making me really excited! We had an "activities fair" for the voyage and I signed up to be in Students at Sea (a service organization) which will help organize the orphanage visits, to work with the children on the ship (I want to teach them how to play soccer!), and for IM sports volleyball and soccer. Those meetings start tomorrow...I hadn't realized but after this first week of classes then we only have about one day at sea between each port. So the profs are piling on the readings and hw and I have my first midterm in three days! But I got signed up for all the of field programs that I wanted to take, and my in-port assignments sound fun. For Physical oceanography I'm making wave observations and Beauford scale measurements. And part of that assignment is to take pictures of waves! ha ha. we keep on having to go an hour forward each night to stay with the time changes, so I'm REALLY tired and keep on having to go to bed earlier than I'd like to. But I keep on meeting new people and I love my classes so it's all good!
P.s. My PO prof said we went over the average deepest part of the Atlantic basin today!

No comments:

Post a Comment